Mitt foto
A close friend once said to me "Your search to define who you are has become an essential part of who you are". So therefore I will not introduce myself, not being quite sure yet. If you are reading this you are probably close to me and know me well already.

2008/01/01

Moments in life, part 1

I have lived in many places throughout the years. It is difficult for my current friends to keep track of people, places and faces when I speak of them. Also, the old close friends have a hard time keeping up with the new ones.

Unfortunately, my digital camera was given to me as late as Christmas 05-06 so from Florence I mostly have old paper photos. I try to show my closest ones photos of my (other) closest ones. People, moments and places that forever will be in my heart.


Myself, Tina, Rose, Zoey and Natalia at English-American-Canadian Thanksgiving style Christmas dinner at Zoey's place. It was alot to eat and we rolled home that evening. Zoey and Rose had arranged this as a sort of Thanksgiving Dinner for me and Nati since we'd never had turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes and such (poor swedes) but it was really too late in the year for and it was impossible to find a whole turkey so we ended up having stuffed chicken. They swore it tasted almost the same. Dec 2005.


Tommy and myself with "The Actor" from Elisa di Vallombrosa that wanted to do a threesome with us. Also known as "FRAMNSBEsbo" in my cellphone phonebook after too many drinks. Makes me laugh just thinking about it. This was one of the first times I was out alone with Tommy and we had the best of times. He left me off at home that night and when he left and went through the hallway towards the door he heard a funny noise of me falling down the stairs in my room. April 2006.


This was the day before my 25th and how my 3-days-in-a-row birthday party routine began. Splendid lunch in the Chianti wine district with the best food ever. Tiny tiny place but amazing. My friend Maurizio's friends own the place. Wine, food, sun, good conversation. He was amazing too. A dear dear person that I will always think highly of. July 2006.


The same day as the lunch above I met Natalia for to drink in my birthday at Café de Benci. Since it was my birthday they gave us free wine and birthday cake. It all ended with strip poker in the restaurant after closing (the funny waitor did all the stripping himself, he was butt naked and I was scared) and later he walked us home (to the door that is) and I could barely walk. The day after he sent me red roses to the Gucci store and he tried to keep in touch for a while. Fun guy but come on. July 2006.


Darling Tommy and myself at Ghibellino, a bar where your drinks come in pitchers. Need I say more? I have never seen Tommy so drunk and when he dropped us off at the castle (which is also a club during the summers) he didn't even know where the river was although we drove along it. At the castle we met up with some friends of Maurizio's and on our way down their car got stuck in the mud beside the road and I had to get out and push it in my new Gucci shoes. Natalia laughed so hard she cried, especially since it was us girls pushing the car and three guys cheering on the inside. Also July 2006.


Me, Tommy and Natalia were going to The Mall, the Gucci Group outlet and it was boiling hot and Tommy's car broke down. It was the day that my Staff discount expired so we had to go and me and Nati were so upset but in the end it was hilarious since Tommy turned out to be the least technological one of us. Nati had to chat up a bus driver that could help us with the battery but in the end the car started again. We got home with YSL and Fendi bags and Tommy loaded with D&G shirts. August 2006.


Me and Nati arranged a Swedish dinner for our non-swedish friends. Zoey (Montreal), Takao (Japan), Christin (Norway), Rose (UK), Erika (Italy) plus a few more that never showed up despite meatballs and pancake cake. I had been a housewife that day, in Nati's house on the 5th floor in Florence in August (i.e. 45 degrees), rolling meatballs, making 40 pancakes for the pancake cake, rolling chocolate balls (also known as "palle di negro") and looking for dill for the potatoes. It was a sweaty nightmare to get it all done but it was so good and they loved it and the pancake cake was a dream. The "brownsauce" from IKEA was such a hit Takao finished it off with a spoon straight out of the pot. August 2006.


The last night in Florence before leaving. Alot of mixed emotions. I was excited to leave but devastated to leave things behind. I had packed so so and were supposed to have two glasses of wine at our favourite bar Moyo. Right after this photo was taken a friend called Fabio showed up and it turned out to be one of the most unforgettable nights ever. I got home at 5 a.m. and had to get up at 7 to do the rest of my bags before Tommy and Nati came to pick me up at 9 to go to Bologna. I was dead. August 2006.


In Bologna. We were all exhausted and hung-over. We had made a mixtape of singalong songs for the 1,5 hour trip and after Britney, Westlife, Chicago and Toto among others, I had broken the mic on my camera filming us, and we were feeling a little bit better. After that pizza I started realizing that I actually were to leave and I panicked in the car. They dropped me off at the airport and when I boarded the plane it felt like I had cut off an essential part of my body. I felt so.. incomplete and I was very scared. Later Nati told me she and Tommy had barely spoken on the way back 'cause it all felt so weird. August 2006.

Inga kommentarer: