Mitt foto
A close friend once said to me "Your search to define who you are has become an essential part of who you are". So therefore I will not introduce myself, not being quite sure yet. If you are reading this you are probably close to me and know me well already.

2008/01/29

My January

The first month of this new year is nearly at its end. I have survived 19 days in school and left Borås behind with a light heart. Although my friends have been sad to see me leave I am so happy to be back home. The good friends I have in Gothenburg I'll keep in touch with anyways. It is nice to be back in a place I feel I belong to. I like Gothenburg as well but the acquaintances I have made there are mainly through my classmates and my friends. In Stockholm I feel much more in my right place, I feel in charge of my life, of my time, of my getting through the day. I don't need to rely on anyone and I love it.

Dearest friends Josefin and Tove at Pasta e Contorni in Gothenburg

Italian friend Claudia, Migole and Serena at Buddha Bar, Gothenburg

Me with Josefin's nephew Vide. He was tiny and very sleepy.

This may only be funny for my Italian speaking friends. It's a swedish cheese called Buko.

This is a French bulldog puppy called Max. He was the cutest little thing ever.

My friend Helen came to stay with me for a couple of days, we went out twice and also went shopping. I am trying so hard to be good with my money, especially since I am trying to save up for two trips this spring. I only bought a second-hand denim dress and some much needed new underwear. Whoohoo. Of course, going out was never cheap, I had decided on trying the hispanic sounding drinks to decide which one I could start drinking on a regular basis (eh, when going out clubbing, that is). I am a red wine freak but when I go out dancing it is never good fuel to drink all night. I had a go at Capirinha (or however you spell it), Capiroska and Mojito. Let's just say I'll stick to Mojito despite all the mint leaves..

The new denim dress and a haircut

Alex and Jonna, on our way to East

Alex and Jonna enjoying their Capirinhas at East

At Esque. The claw-like grip on Jonna's arm had nothing to do with the alcohol involved..

At Esque.

The mandatory "nattamat" at McD. It's never better than after 2 a.m.

The even more mandatory "the day after brunch" with lots of fruit

Yesterday Stockholm Fashion Week began. I was assisting Rodebjer behind the scenes and got to dress one of my favourite swedish models, Vicky A. She was very pleasant. Afterwards we went to a restaurant by Odenplan to celebrate the madness being over, but since I've lost my voice (I sound like a 13-year old boy) and have a severe cold I just toasted, ate Ceasar salad and left. As far as I'm concerned they are still there celebrating. Haha.

I am very happy the people at Rodebjer seem so sweet, since I will be their new intern for 4 months this spring. I am sure I will have many laughs, they are fun and full of smiles.
Tonight I'll go to another show, but I'll be in the audience this time. I cannot wait. I am also looking forward to the closing party Thursday. My fav magazine BON is co-hosting it with Absolut Vodka and I'm sure it will be a blast.
I think there is Vodka in a Mojito?


I am also in the middle of thinking of how to begin my final essay for school. I only have like a week before Copenhagen Fashion Week begins and I have it all jotted down in my head but it's hard to structure and get on a piece of paper. I feel quite overwhelmed at the moment; stuff I need to do, check, look for, control, analyze, places I need to be, people I need to call and meet and so on. But it's good stress, I love it. Everything I do at the moment actually means something, both to me and to others and that's what matters.

I feel very positive when thinking of spring. Stockholm, Rodebjer, Copenhagen, New York, Paris. It's like music to my ears. And everything in company of my dear friends. I survived January, now it can only get better and better and lighter and lighter and warmer and warmer.
Bring it on!

1 kommentar:

Helen sa...

idag när jag gick ut för att hämta posten så luktade det vår :D
och nu är klockan fyra och det är fortfarande ljust!!
ge mig en lägenhet och ett jobb så ska vi hänga o ha det lika trevligt som i helgen!
massa puss!! :)