Mitt foto
A close friend once said to me "Your search to define who you are has become an essential part of who you are". So therefore I will not introduce myself, not being quite sure yet. If you are reading this you are probably close to me and know me well already.

2008/07/31

The night that passed


Last night, I couldn't sleep (like every night this past week) and I snapped this photo of myself looking like Yoko Ono.
I feel comfortable enough with you to share it.
It's quite easy, really.
Sleep deprivation and no make-up, all Asians look like this sooner or later.

Too bad it happened so soon, I'm only 27 for God's sake.

Jenny.. Yoko.. Jenny? Yoko?

My last day as a free woman in Stockholm is at its end. It's 4 a.m. and I am about to hop in the shower after a long day. I desperately need to flip my sleeping hours back to normal, that's why the countryside sounds like such a good idea. 10.50 my train leaves tomorrow.

Returned the Zara shoes and feel very pleased with myself. Didn't buy the Canon camera because it was sold out everywhere for that price. I was told it will re-enter but at a higher price so now I am confused. I think I'll just wait for a while..

Relaxed in the sun with my friend Gilla and ice lattes, then we went to organize for her BBQ in her courtyard at Mariatorget.

Malin and new friend Robin. Please note Thomas being a dedicated grillmaster in the background.

We made five (yes, F-I-V-E) buckets of potato salad and everyone brought booze and BBQ stuff. I grilled salmon filets, as fish and seafood is my only vice after being a good vegetarian for almost four whole months. It was all good until Pontus showed me all his good meat. I was very jealous until he dug into it with such enthusiasm he resembled a hungry hyena tearing apart an antilope corpse.

Here Pontus actually used cutlery, for aesthetic reasons I presume

Helen and myself. Note to self; evening mode on camera doesn't work all that well..

Red Stripe was the drink for hyenas this evening. I learned how to open bottles with a lighter.
I feel very MacGyver.


Then we went to our favourite nightspot, Debaser Slussen. Crowded but oh so nice. Luke warm evening breeze, lots of people and my best friend; Apple Caipiroska.

Helen returned after a trip to the bar and announced some heavily dressed Italians looked lost over there and after 10 minutes I had them eating out of my hand. Theoretically that is.
When I say heavily dressed I mean that one actually wore a gilet stuffed with goose feathers and another one wore a fleece jacket. I was in a strappy camisole.
They were amazed at my language knowledge and we're here for a couple of days crammed into a caravan at Långholmen (I know, try to picture six Italians in a rental caravan..).


They wanted advice on where to go tomorrow and when I left I gave one (Matteo) my cell phone number so I could text them name and address to good places.

Now it's 04.28 and I am still convincing him via texts that he really SHOULDN'T come to my place in a cab and it would be a BAD IDEA for me to come and see him right now in Långholmen. Well well.
I love that crazy Mediterranean enthusiasm!


Good night peeps, see you on Sunday.

Oh, forgot. Wore these shoes instead, as the Nine West shoes most likely never will be worn.

White 60's leather pumps with python applications, second-hand

And below are the shoes I will dream of tonight, and probably every night until they are there, on my shoe shelf, for everyone to see.
Alaia, worn beautifully by Carine Roitfeld of French Vogue.
Thanks to Sartorialist.com for these pics!




Now Matteo just texted, again, saying how he will try and get up early and come meet me for coffee before my train leaves for Eskilstuna in six hours.

Drama, every minute, on this blog.
I'm kind of like an American news channel.


I will keep you posted.

5 kommentarer:

Helen sa...

hahah GALNA italienare!! (igen!!)

Anonym sa...

"Drama, every minute, on this blog.
I'm kind of like an American news channel."
LOL

Asians...we never age!!! At least, we age very gracefully.

My favourite drink with a summer bbq: any chilled rose wine...mmmmm

Anonym sa...

Getting updates by the minute is sooo nice... It´s like a live chat with u!! Hope you´re well at the cottage! Why are we (am I) even speaking English? :) It´s too late for all of this now. LOVE

Unknown sa...

How are You? Please write English,but i just can english too. I always your letter to.
Thanks...

Regards,
Blue Honey

Unknown sa...

How are You?
Sorry to the point. I like you make with English language. I always wait Your letter.
Thanks..

Regards,
Blue Honey