Mitt foto
A close friend once said to me "Your search to define who you are has become an essential part of who you are". So therefore I will not introduce myself, not being quite sure yet. If you are reading this you are probably close to me and know me well already.

2008/07/09

Number mumbo jumbo

This is bloody silly. After hesitating for a month and a half I finally resigned (having seen the amount of my cell phone bill) and applied for a home phone and cable tv.

Tried to register online yesterday (before getting depressed and over-annoyed and cranky and writing suicidal bitter post, see below) and it didn't work out. Four times it didn't work out.

Tried to call this morning. 23 mins waiting. F**k that.

Tried to register online this evening. Same shit.

Tried to call this evening. 7 mins waiting. Ok.

When I finally got through I spoke to the least enthusiastic person ever. He merely replied to my questions and seemed incredibly tired of speaking to charming customers prepared to pay more of their tiny salaries to this multibillion nationwide company. I got pissed off, hung up with a promise that it would be ok and that I'd try again online.

I tried again online, thinking that at least I had surly guy's name in case I'd register wrongly or something. But it worked and I signed up for cable tv and home phone. Cable and 8 extra channels that I could pick myself. So, weird mix of cartoons, fashion, italian and cooking/ travel. Yup. That's just me. Sweet.

After having electronically signed and agreed and feeling lucky and happy I suddenly remebered I have no home phone NUMBER.

So I had to sit for 6 mins in waiting line on support phone, again, since evil nationwide company doesn't mention anything about it on homepage.

When finally there again, guess what. Grouchy guy again. What are the odds.

And he checked for me and, "yes, phone number was included, you get to choose between a few". "No", I said, "I didn't get to choose". "Ah", he said, "your phone number is..." and he gave me the longest, stupidest number ever. It's like a cell phone and it makes no sense at all. Like 08-39850728197643.. You get the picture. And I didn't get to pick it myself, I'd do my best to find the most logical number. So I'm stuck with this silly one.

No one will call me now.

To make myself a little more happy I will go to thrift shops tomorrow after work and try and find old retro ugly phone with horrible ringtone. Dialog they are called, and I want a red, black or white one. Then I will stay in, watching Italian tv (Rai Due, basically Friends and 2½men all dubbed), calling people and cooking after tv-show recipies on Discovery Food & Travel.



Pop over with a good bottle of wine if you please.

Inga kommentarer: