Mitt foto
A close friend once said to me "Your search to define who you are has become an essential part of who you are". So therefore I will not introduce myself, not being quite sure yet. If you are reading this you are probably close to me and know me well already.

2008/07/27

Lazy summer days


After one week of vacation my brain has turned to goo.
All I do is eat (lots), sunbathe (lots) and drink drinks (lots).


After my three day birthday bash I have been laying low and Friday I went to Sandhamn in the Stockholm archipelago with Linda and Maria.
It was the best thing so far this summer.
Beach, sun, bath (yeah, even I went for a dip) and lazy ferry trip.
I never would've thought doing so little could make me so tired!


Next week I'm off to the cottage outside Eskilstuna.
If the weather is as nice as this and with my mother's cooking I will roll all the way home after four sleepy days of doing nothing except drink and eat.
I love this life!


With Linda at Mamas & Tapas

This is what the old people in my neighbourhood do. The Essinge Parish, the sign says.
I couldn't help but laugh when I passed by and saw all the zimmer frames neatly parked outside!


Linda on the ferry to Sandhamn

Maria and I were happy to finally arrive

The little harbour of Sandhamn

The view from the beachside. If you could see across the Baltic you'd see Åland and Finland!

I have a picture like this from Florence 2006.
For me it defines summer, I always look at it during the winter and try and remember the sweet chill of the water against my skin. Summer 2008 then, here it is.


Yesterday in Luxparken below my house Linda and I had the neighbourhood sushi that is extremely good and fresh. I got my moving in pressie (Carin-perfumed candle from By Redo) and my birthday pressie (two photos of NYC taken by Linda and enlarged). I started crying (need I add, of joy?).

Yum!

5 kommentarer:

Helen sa...

hahha va roligt! jag tänkte fråga vad som hade hänt med en av dina laxar när jag insåg att det var skuggan av svampen som gjorde den lite missfärgad o konstig :) (lång mening...)

Jen sa...

Hahahahaa, det har jag inte ens tänkt på! "Skuggan av svampen.." hihihi. Supergod sushi och 80 kr för 10 bitar är så bra. Vi får sätta upp den på vår att-äta-lista också, men pizzan är ett måste nu.

Helen sa...

definitivt!! kanske till helgen kanske. om du är kvar? minns inte vilka dagar det var du skulle iväg?
ska du hem till gilla eller är du iväg då?

Jen sa...

I helgen ska jag förhoppningsvis till landet. Åker torsdag morgon om vädret håller i sig. Så, helgen spenderas i vågrätt läge med massor av god mat.

Men ja, vi ses imorgon kväll hos Gilla. Ska styra upp nåt med Rasmus också eftersom han flyttar nu.

Ses då!

Anonym sa...

hey...cool blog i came across it from the sartorialist

enjoying the process of eating and drinking is the ultimate luxury, enjoy your vacation!

what about walking barefoot in fresh grass? summer dont' leave!

-Austin