Mitt foto
A close friend once said to me "Your search to define who you are has become an essential part of who you are". So therefore I will not introduce myself, not being quite sure yet. If you are reading this you are probably close to me and know me well already.

2008/08/08

Weekly update

So, after having been back to work for a week I've been exhausted.

I haven't seen, met, nor spoken to anyone for four days.
My main project these days, except for living through long days, has been to find a camera.

After two sleepless nights and plenty of phonecalls to different vendors, I had almost decided to splurge on a Panasonic Lumix TZ2 with wide-angle lens and yadi yada.
But everyone kept telling me to get the cheaper Canon Ixus 80,
the one I already thought of.

So.

What I did was to call the place that sold the Lumix for the highest price and asked them which to buy. I thought, if anyone should advice me to buy that one, it's them.
And if they tell me to get the Canon, well, then I'll just get the Canon.
Who am I to question ten professionals?


And you know what, they told me to get the Canon. So I did.
And I like it. Don't love it. Not yet.

Where I spend most of my free time. Just me, Fred and Josef Frank's Manhattan

Jonna and I talked about why I put so much effort into researching, it's almost like a drug.
I did it from 18.00 in the evening until 02.00 in the morning, for two consecutive nights. Arrived to work sleepy-eyed and tired, but I couldn't wait for the moment to go back home and continue searching.
In my lunch break I made phonecalls to vendors.
You get it.


Anyways, my theory is that I have it very easy to get addicted to things
(Thank God for not being in direct contact with drugs..) and
get hooked and never getting enough.
With people, with things, with feelings, with flavours, with music, cigarettes, wine..

And also, when I begin looking for something, wether it is a camera (as in this case),
a dress, shoes, magazine, furniture.. I always keep looking for that thing that finally completes me, that makes my life matter.
It sounds really sad, but it doesn't have to be.
It also makes me wanting more, going on and on.
Upward, forward is the thing.


Enough of this reflectiveness and let's move on!

Last night I bought my camera and then I went to the opening of the new Monki store
in the smack center of Stockholm.
It was a little rainy but the fashionable people of the capital had gathered for free wine, nibbles and cheap clothes.
It was nice but they poured me the fullest plastic mug of rosé and after having downed that one, I was down (and out) as well. Walking in zig-zag to the bus home at 21.30.
Haha.

Testing my new camera before going out


Sanna and Lisa

Today at lunch I saw my friend Anneka who has been to Florence to visit our friend Alexandra. Alex lives with my best Florence friend, Natalia,
so then they all got to hang out together. Lucky them.

She told me of all the things they'd done and where they had been eating and so on.
4 Leoni.. I love you. It made my heart ache, I miss it so much.

Anneka brought me back a birthday present from Nati and Alex.
Look below.


When I first saw them I was literally blinded by all the colours (you know I'm quite a natural shade person) and it took my approximately 5 seconds to fall head over heals in love.
I cherish them.

Tonight it is the 080808 party.
08 is the telephone area code for Stockholm so tonight we celebrate our beautiful city.
I actually see some blue skies after a day of rain. I think it might be a good night.


Looking east..

Looking west..

I also found an orange little banana fly with red eyes, in my glass, walking on the surface of the wine I'm drinking.
When I tried to lift him up using a piece of paper
(I didn't want to accidentally drown him, it's a good bottle of Sicilian wine) I succeeded,
but then happened to get stuck with the paper on the curved edge of my huge wine glass
and I catapulted him back into it and he died.


I poured myself a new glass and now I'm thinking that it can't get worse than that.

Looking forward to tonight! What are you up to, my loves?
Please write and tell!

2 kommentarer:

Helen sa...

jag grät till sigur rós med en underbar mans armar runt min midja...

Anonym sa...

You've been a busy blogger while I've been away in dear old England. I'm much like you when it comes to research before a purchase, like my new phone. I read reviews, compare prizes, check out all available stores and discuss it with friends and relatives. And then I become an expert and no smooth salesman can fool me (and I must say it gives me great satisfaction to show that I know more about the item than they do. That always makes them uncomfortable.) And I to get addicted to things, although it seldom last for very long.